This toxin is considered to be a very high risk and your pet should be evaluated as an emergency at your nearest veterinary hospital. You may want to contact whiskerDocs or the hospital if your pet has recently ingested this toxin to see if there are additional steps you need to take before leaving home.
Have a headache or muscle pain? Many of us will go grab the bottle of Aleve, but few know that if we gave that pill to our pets or accidentally dropped it, it could prove fatal. Naproxen belongs to the class of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory medications (NSAIDs) along with aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen. It is also commonly found in combination with cough and cold medications, joint medications, and even prescription pain medications. Naproxen can cause serious symptoms in dogs and cats, with cats being especially sensitive to its effects.