This toxin is considered to be a very high risk and your pet should be evaluated as an emergency at your nearest veterinary hospital. You may want to contact whiskerDocs or the hospital if your pet has recently ingested this toxin to see if there are additional steps you need to take before leaving home.
Mouth or teeth-cleaning products (toothpaste, mouthwash), contain a contamination of rock, soil, and water or from industrial waste or smelting processes. While fluoride is safe for humans and fantastic for your dental health, protecting your teeth against cavities and decay, the same is certainly not true for your pet. Even the smallest ingestion can lead to serious and life-threatening symptoms and warrants an immediate trip the the emergency room.