How do I play with my adult dog?
Adult dogs can still play like puppies! Provide them with a variety of toys for fetching, chasing, and chewing. Once you figure out what he likes to do, try to schedule at least 2 playtimes each day. The rest of the time, he may be content to sleep or keep watch over you.
- KONG pet stix dog toy--for tossing and tugging
- KONG Classic dog toy--can be filled with peanut butter or treats to encourage interaction
- Chuckit! Indoor Ball--soft and harmless
How do I get my dog to exercise when I am not home?
Some dogs keep themselves busy, but your adult dog may sleep all day! You can hide treats for your dog to search and find. Your dog may play with other pets in the house, but if not, you can encourage play with electronic or treat filled toys. Having a pet door and a safely fenced yard may encourage your dog to move around more as well.
PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal Dispensing Toy
- fill with food to keep him busy
- Bark Bazaar Squeaky Ball---fill with treats
Nina Ottosson's Interactive Dog Toy
- your dog has to solve a puzzle to get the treats or food
- interactive on demand ball launcher lets dogs play fetch without human assistance (small dogs only)
How often should I take my adult dog for a walk?
It depends on your schedule. Most adult dogs will enjoy a walk as many times as you can offer! One good long walk for exercise per day should be the minimum, no matter how busy you are.
- Comfort Control Dog Walking Harness with padded vest
Safety, control and comfort all wrapped into one
Flexi Explore Retractable Belt Dog Leash
- Allows your dog additional freedom when walking but can also be locked shorter for tighter control
Halti Opti Head Collar for Dogs
- Helps control pulling by an untrained or especially energetic dog