This toxin is considered to be a moderate risk. However, your pet's medical history, age, weight, and breed could put him/her at higher risk. It is advised that you contact whiskerDocs or your primary veterinarian for further guidance about any steps you may need to take to ensure your pet's safety. If you choose to, you may monitor your pet closely, but the onset or worsening of any of the below symptoms warrants a trip to the emergency room.
Got snails or slugs? Why not use salt instead of bait to get rid of them? Snail and slug bait can be toxic to pets. As little as 45mg/lb of body weight can be enough to cause severe sypmtoms such as seizures but can ultimately lead to death. If you think your pet has eaten a bait trap, seek veterinary care immediately.
Dogs and Cats
Muscle spasms, tremors, seizures, collapse, and trouble breathing.