Have Pet Questions?

Sign Up for our Newsletter

Your information is safe and secure with us; please read out privacy policy for more details.

Severity scale:
ER

This toxin is considered to be a very high risk and your pet should be evaluated as an emergency at your nearest veterinary hospital. You may want to contact whiskerDocs or the hospital if your pet has recently ingested this toxin to see if there are additional steps you need to take before leaving home.

Lilies may be a beautiful flower, but the entire plant, including the flower, pollen, leaves and stem are toxic to our furry friends. The main organ affected by the lilly plant is the kidney. Vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite, lethargy,  and decrease/ lack of urine production are often noted. Signs such as difficulty walking, disorientation, head pressing against the wall,  tremors and seizures can also be seen if the brain becomes affected. These plant toxins act quickly, causing signs within 6 hours with as little as 1-2 pieces o the plant being eaten. It is important therefore that veterinary care is sought out immediately with this plant.

Toxic to: 
Dogs and Cats
Part of plant: 
All
Symptoms: 
Lack of appetite, lethargy, and vomiting.
whiskerDocs' content is for informational purposes only. Read our Terms.