This toxin is considered to be a very high risk and your pet should be evaluated as an emergency at your nearest veterinary hospital. You may want to contact whiskerDocs or the hospital if your pet has recently ingested this toxin to see if there are additional steps you need to take before leaving home.
We have all heard of animals being poisoned with anti-freeze.Ethylene glycol can also be found in de-icer fluid, motor oils, and break fluid. Because it tastes sweet (especially Anti-freeze), it can be irresistable for our furry family members. Be sure to wipe up any spills in the drivewway or garage right away. Toxic dose: dogs 2-3mls/lb, cats- 0.64mls/lb Induce vomiting and seek immediate veterinary care