This toxin is considered to be a moderate risk. However, your pet's medical history, age, weight, and breed could put him/her at higher risk. It is advised that you contact whiskerDocs or your primary veterinarian for further guidance about any steps you may need to take to ensure your pet's safety. If you choose to, you may monitor your pet closely, but the onset or worsening of any of the below symptoms warrants a trip to the emergency room.
Bug sprays and multipurpose insect repellents that contain Deet should never be applied to your pet. Though it may create skin irritation when applied to them, the biggest risk is that this product can be toxic if licked off of your skin, your pet's fur, bedding, and any other surface the chemical has been sprayed on or could have been transferred to. Please keep all products away from your pets and make sure you read labels for proper use.