Have Pet Questions?

Sign Up for our Newsletter

Your information is safe and secure with us; please read out privacy policy for more details.

Daisy

Severity scale:
Caution
This toxin is considered to be a moderate risk. However, your pet's medical history, age, weight, and breed could put him/her at higher risk. It is advised that you contact whiskerDocs or your primary veterinarian for further guidance about any steps you may need to take to ensure your pet's safety. If you choose to, you may monitor your pet closely, but the onset or worsening of any of the below symptoms warrants a trip to the emergency room.

While they come in many varieties and colors, most share the same structure and are actually two flowers in one. The Common Daisy is a single white multi-petaled flower with a yellow center supported on a 3-4 inch smooth, leafless stalk. Daisy's contain natural pesticides and other chemicals which can cause skin, nose, eye and gastrointestinal irritation. When eaten large quantities these substances can cause organ damage.

Other names: 
Chrysanthemum, Mum, Chrysanthemum species
Toxic to: 
Dogs and Cats
Part of plant: 
All (leaves, stems, and flowers)
Symptoms: 
Vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, loss of coordination, dermatitis
whiskerDocs' content is for informational purposes only. Read our Terms.