Have Pet Questions?

Sign Up for our Newsletter

Your information is safe and secure with us; please read out privacy policy for more details.

Severity scale:
ER

This toxin is considered to be a very high risk and your pet should be evaluated as an emergency at your nearest veterinary hospital. You may want to contact whiskerDocs or the hospital if your pet has recently ingested this toxin to see if there are additional steps you need to take before leaving home.

Daffodils are a beautiful flowering plant that many people have in their gardens.  They can also be seen in flower arrangements for the home and are also given as bouquets during times of joy and good fortune. For dogs and cats, these plants are highly toxic and do require immediate veterinary care. It's always ok to let them "smell the flowers" but watch that they do not eat them. The bulbs are especially concerning but the leaves and the stems can cause nausea and vomiting as well.

Toxic to: 
Dogs and Cats
Part of plant: 
Bulbs, plant, flower
Symptoms: 
Severe vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, abnormal heart rhythm, and respiratory depression.
whiskerDocs' content is for informational purposes only. Read our Terms.