This toxin is considered to be a very high risk and your pet should be evaluated as an emergency at your nearest veterinary hospital. You may want to contact whiskerDocs or the hospital if your pet has recently ingested this toxin to see if there are additional steps you need to take before leaving home.
Trying to rid your house of rats, mice or ants? Have bait traps laying around? Arsenic is one of the main ingredients in many of these baits. Even a small amount ingested can cause severe damage to the GI tract, kidneys, lungs, skin, and eyes. If swallowed, your pet needs to be rushed to the emergency room. If the ER is more than 15 minutes away, contact whiskerDocs for instructions on how to induce vomiting immediately before rushing your pet to the vet. Also, flush skin and eyes with water if your pet has simply come into contact, but also seek care right away.